What Is God's Plan
For My Soul?
The Story of Justice and Love
Do you believe in justice?
I was seated on an airplane once with a man reading a book on the topic of atheism. I asked him if he believed in Christ. He said he did not. He said he believed that religion caused a lot of problems in the world's history, and therefore chose to become an atheist.
He said he believed he that religions should some day have to answer for those misdeeds. I agreed. But this brings up a curious question. My fellow passenger has a strong sense of justice. But without believing in the reality of God, where would that justice come from? To Whom would they answer? Does evil go unanswered?
This strong sense of justice comes from God. And God Himself is Just.
1. God is Always Just
"...Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints." Revelation 15:3b
2. We have, ourselves committed offenses against God.
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:10,23
3. God will one day call us to answer for our offenses and the judgment will be just.
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:12
4. God's justice punished Christ on the cross for our offenses. He is God's chosen sacrifice. This is what the term "Christ" means, Jesus is God's anointed or chosen One.
6. God's justice was carried out on Christ. And God's love offers us this forgiveness as a free gift. This gives us complete amnesty through the sacrifice of His Son. And we receive it BY FAITH ALONE. It is not through religious deeds, through being a good, respectful person, through any kind of religious family history. This gift is only available through faith, belief, trust.
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Corinthians 5:21
7. We are delivered from justice unto salvation by trusting in Jesus Christ alone. We must respond to God prompting us in our heart. We must turn from anything, or any other one whom we may be trusting for our satisfaction of GOd's justice, and call out to God in a simple prayer of faith, asking Him to save us.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
8. God has made this ACCESSIBLE to anyone. His love is overwhelming, but His justice is pure and will surely come to pass. Just as we look at evil in need of justice, so God looks upon us with that heart of justice. But His love seeks to rescue us from justice.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13
Please contact us for a free copy of the book "DONE, What Most Religions Won't Tell You About The Bible", a free KJV Bible, and Lessons On Understanding God's Salvation.